Management Aptitude Test MAT September 2018
Candidate can choose any one of the two options to take the test :
1. Paper Pencil Test Offline Test
2. Computer Based Test Online Test
1. MAT MAT September 2018 Paper Pencil Test Offline Test
- MAT September 2018 Exam Date : 06 September 2018 (Sunday)
- Test Timings : 10.00 am 12.30 pm
- Reporting Time at the Test Centre : 9.00 a.m.
2. MAT September 2018 Computer Based Test Online Test
- MAT September 2018 Exam Date : From 12 September 2015 (Saturday) onwards
- Test Timing :In different time at specific venues
- The Paper Based Test will take place only on one day i.e., 06 September 2018 at one time slot i.e., 1000 to 1230 Hrs, whereas the Computer Based Test will take place from 12 September 2015 (Saturday) onwards in different time at specific venues.
- No candidate is permitted to take more than one test during September 2018 , though the test is administered over a few days.
Sale Counters Obtain Form with MAT Bulletin/CD against cash payment of Rs 1200/- (One thousand two hundred only) from listed branches of Bank of Baroda, Axis Bank, listed Study Centres of AIMA OR from AIMA, New Delhi.
Admit Card: All provisionally registered candidates both for Paper Based and Computer Based Test can down load their Admit Card from AIMA website link: http://apps.aima.in/mat_centre.aspx 7 days before the Paper Based test date i.e., with effect from
MAT September 2018 Eligibility
Last Date For sale of MAT Forms: 22 August 2015
Last Date for submission of filled in Registration MAT Forms at AIMA, New Delhi: 25 August 2015
Last date for MAT Sep 2015 online registration: 22 August 2015
Last Date for submission of filled in MAT Online Registration Forms at AIMA, New Delhi: 25 August 2015
All India Management Association (AIMA) is the apex body for management professionals in the country. AIMA runs under the active support of Government of India. Centre for Management Services specialized under AIMA conducts Management Aptitude Test (MAT) every year. It is usually conducted four times in a year in the months of January, May, September and December. MAT is conducted at a national level to select students to the reputed B-Schools with AICTE recognition excluding IIMs, other top MBA schools as well as some school under deemed universities. Recently MAT got the status of a National Entrance Test by the Ministry of HRD. Most of the tier 2 and 3 B-schools accept MAT score for admission, validity of MAT score is for one year from the announcement of results. MAT is usually considered as less tough exam to crack compared to CAT exam.
Structure of MAT exam
MAT is conducted for the following courses; MBA, MBA+ PGDM+PGCM, PGDBA/PGDBM. The exam pattern of MAT changes from year to year. There isnt a prescribed format for the test. Yet the pattern given below has been followed every year. Usually MAT has 200 objective type questions to be answered in 2.5 hours. Most of the time, each correct answer is given one mark and no negative marks are there for wrong answers. Students can opt for either paper based exam or computer based exam. However in both structure and duration of exam remains the same.
200 objectives questions are usually split into following sections
- Language Comprehension(40)
- Mathematical Skills (40)
- Data Analysis (40)
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning (40)
- Indian and Global Environment Section (40)
Scores of the candidates are based on the marks in the first four papers only. But some institutes opt for considering the score in the fifth paper too while computing the final score.
- All India Management Aptitude Testing Service ( AIMATS)
- Ascent Education
- IMS Institute
Qualification Criteria for MAT exam
For appearing for MAT exam, candidates have to possess a degree in any of the disciplines. Thos who have appeared for the final exams and awaiting results can also appear for this exam provided; they can present the degree completion certificate at the time of admission to B-schools. Similarly final year degree students can also appear for MAT exam. There is no restriction on the number of times a student can sit for MAT exam.
Application Procedure for MAT
Application form is available from different branches of various banks by paying an application fee of Rs 1200. Forms can be directly applied from the AIMA by paying a fee of Rs 1050 in the form of a DD. Banks will be announced, when the AIMA issues the notification calling for applications to the MAT exam. Notification usually comes in all the leading newspapers in India. It has to be filled up and sent to the authority. A hall ticket is issued to the candidates. Test can be written at different near by centers as opted by the candidate.
Official Inquiries on MAT
- Address: All India Management Association Management House 14, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003, India
- Tel: 011 - 24645100 / 24617354 / 43128100
- Official Website URL: http://www.aima-ind.org/mat.aspx