Correspondence Course : Study Material & Mock CATs for CAT
Course Material, Mock CATs for CAT (IIMs' Entrance Test) Prepared by IIM
The CAT correspondence course that to IIM offers provides comprehensive study
material prepared by the alumni of the IIMs and is self explanatory. The
course material covers all areas tested in the Common Admission Test (CAT) -
viz., Quantitative reasoning, Verbal reasoning, Reading comprehension,
Analytical and logical reasoning, and Data Interpretation. The study
material has been prepared with extreme care to provide you with the
necessary ammunition to face CAT.
Refresher Books in Math, English and Data Interpretation
- 3 Refresher books covering all relevant topics - starting from
Number systems, Percentages to Permutation & Combination to Geometry to
- A total of 27 topics from Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry.
- The refresher books contain introduction and explanation on
concepts in each topic followed by adequate number of solved
examples which cover a wide range of questions that appear from
these chapters in CAT.
- Solved examples in the refresher books include questions that
are replicas of questions that appeared in previous CATs. Such
questions are separately identified for your convenience.
- Solved examples are followed by several exercise problems. These
problems are provided with answers and detailed explanatory
- Shortcuts or alternate methods to solve quant questions are
provided alongside the solved examples wherever possible.
- A book of Chapterwise Tests in Math.
- Each test comprises 30 to 60 oft-repeated questions.
- The Speed Tests are to be taken after you complete each
- The tests have been designed to help you consolidate what
you have learnt in the respective topic.
- Speed Tests help you identify ways of solving a question in
the quickest possible time, when multiple choices are provided.
- Explanatory answers along with correct answers to each
question is provied
- Quant Proficiency Tests in select Math topics
- These tests test your proficiency in 1 to 3 chapters in
- These tests are to be taken as part of your final revision,
about two months before CAT.
- These tests are designed to acquaint you with a variety of
CAT - like questions and to help you master concepts in Math and
skillfully employ smart techniques in answering these questions.
- Refresher book on Sentence Correction. Emphasises on how to spot
common errors in sentences. Includes Speed Tests on Sentence Correction.
- Refresher book on Sentence Re-arrangement. Includes Exercises and
Tests on Sentence Re-arrangement.
- A Word list with around 2500 words. Includes commonly used
Non-English Foreign Words. Also includes Alphabet-wise tests on
- Proficiency test in Sentence Correction.
Reading Comprehension questions have been a regular feature in all CAT tests
in the past. The level of difficulty of the passages and the questions that
appear in CAT have been getting tougher over past two years. We have
redesigned and included a lot of passages to reflect this changing trend in
- Tips and techniques on attempting RC questions
- Speed Test in Reading Comprehension with over 50 passages and 300
questions from various topics.
- A Refresher book on DI with introduction to various types of
questions that typically appear in Data Interpretation - viz. Tables,
Pie Charts, Bar Charts, Line Graph ...
- A Refresher book on Data Sufficiency with emphasis on common traps
in the DS section.
- The refresher book on DI includes Speed Tests on Data Interpretation
- The refresher book on DS includes Speed Tests on Data Sufficiency